Re: No ifconfig [Was: no /etc/inittab]

L'octidi 28 thermidor, an CCXXV, Erik Christiansen a écrit :
> Around 30 years of familiarity across many *nix flavours.

You said it: the only superiority of ifconfig over iproute2 is tradition
and familiarity of long-time users. On the other hand, ifconfig is
technically inferior on most if not all points.

I hope you realize that traditions and familiarity of old geezers can
only go so far to justify the evolution or non-evolution of a system.
Otherwise, we still would have ed in the base system.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George