Re: Help with USB audio card

Curt <curty@free.fr> writes:

> On 2017-08-14, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> How do I choose the one I want?  Each of them has a red button with a check
>>> in it, but nothing changes if I click on them...
>>

>> ...Sorry, a green button, not red...
>
> Right.
>
> I have successfully recorded my speaking voice using a usb sound device
> (webcam, but that's all I got) with audacity.
>
> So you attach your usb dongle and plug in your microphone (turn it on, if it
> turns on), then open audacity.
>
> There are two microphone icons with drop down menus on the toolbar in
> audacity. Next to the lower left microphone icon, I selected 'USB
> Device' (hw:2,0) in the drop down menu.  The mic's mono so no choice
> there for me.
>
> For the upper right mic icon select 'start monitoring' in the drop down
> menu. Now when you make a sound into the microphone the red monitoring
> meter should hop to the right. If that doesn't happen you can stop right
> there because something is wrong that must be fixed first. No meter
> movement--no sound input detected; you will end up with another empty
> wav.
>
> Press red button to record.

Yes, thanks...  Something is wrong with the device: the test with Audacity is
negative.  Besides, today I got a new USB audio card, that I bought in internet
when I saw that the first one wouldn't work: here it is:

 https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01KLZR3TY/ref=pe_3310731_189395851_TE_dp_1

I bought it because it was claimed to be working with Linux.  And in fact, it
works perfectly, also with the test you suggested with pavucontrol, and also
with this test in Audacity, and it records fine.  But maybe, it is simply that
the first one is defective...

Thank you indeed, Curt, for your help...  Thanks to all.

Cheers,

Rodolfo