Re: Help with USB audio card

On 2017-08-14, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> How do I choose the one I want?  Each of them has a red button with a check
>> in it, but nothing changes if I click on them...
>

> ...Sorry, a green button, not red...

Right.

I have successfully recorded my speaking voice using a usb sound device
(webcam, but that's all I got) with audacity.

So you attach your usb dongle and plug in your microphone (turn it on, if it
turns on), then open audacity.

There are two microphone icons with drop down menus on the toolbar in
audacity. Next to the lower left microphone icon, I selected 'USB
Device' (hw:2,0) in the drop down menu.  The mic's mono so no choice
there for me.

For the upper right mic icon select 'start monitoring' in the drop down
menu. Now when you make a sound into the microphone the red monitoring
meter should hop to the right. If that doesn't happen you can stop right
there because something is wrong that must be fixed first. No meter
movement--no sound input detected; you will end up with another empty
wav.

Press red button to record.

--
"Until the Lion learns to write, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the Hunter."
— African proverb