Re: Thunderbird almost unusable after upgrade

On 08/11/2017 10:12 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 11 August 2017 10:54:22 Greg Wooledge wrote:

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:48:59AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
I have a 5 or 6 machine home network, most of which are running
linuxcnc to carve wood or metal. Linuxcnc, generally needs realtime
support so that when a machine needs direction as to what to do
next, linuxcnc has at the most 10 microseconds to respond.
So why do you run a *web browser* on this machine?  Put it in the work
shed or wherever, and control it like a server or an appliance.

Chuckle.  2 of them are in fact in a 12x16 shed in the back yard, and
occasionally I might need to step over to the other idle machine and
look something up, so both have FF installed, but with the dram shortage
FF causes, I don't run LCNC and FF at the same time on either atom
powered machine.  Ditto the garage and its currently 2 machines.

Put your web browser on your desktop computer, and upgrade it to
something that is supported.
That I have in the planning stage, starting with a fresh HD. But

    wheezy is an old friend and I have excised the majority of its warts over the years.

First off, I have some scripts that greatly simplify things for me, and
which depends on dbus, which I read is deprecated, so what replaces it?

It still works, doesn't it?
As Anne Landers used to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Sounds like
good advice to me.

--doug