Re: Thunderbird almost unusable after upgrade

On Friday 11 August 2017 10:54:22 Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:48:59AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I have a 5 or 6 machine home network, most of which are running
> > linuxcnc to carve wood or metal. Linuxcnc, generally needs realtime
> > support so that when a machine needs direction as to what to do
> > next, linuxcnc has at the most 10 microseconds to respond.
>
> So why do you run a *web browser* on this machine?  Put it in the work
> shed or wherever, and control it like a server or an appliance.

Chuckle.  2 of them are in fact in a 12x16 shed in the back yard, and
occasionally I might need to step over to the other idle machine and
look something up, so both have FF installed, but with the dram shortage
FF causes, I don't run LCNC and FF at the same time on either atom
powered machine.  Ditto the garage and its currently 2 machines.

> Put your web browser on your desktop computer, and upgrade it to
> something that is supported.

That I have in the planning stage, starting with a fresh HD. But wheezy
is an old friend and I have excised the majority of its warts over the
years.

First off, I have some scripts that greatly simplify things for me, and
which depends on dbus, which I read is deprecated, so what replaces it?

Thanks Greg.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)