Re: disable orange progress running apt

Curt composed on 2017-08-08 08:17 (UTC):

> On 2017-08-07, Felix Miata wrote:

>>> Try "APT::Color "false";".
>> That was the last I tried with Stretch before giving up and posting here, in
>> /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99mono. Also fails in Sid.

>> Could this somehow be coming from bash rather than apt?

> Did you try first at the command line?

No.

>  apt update -o Apt::Color=0

It works!

> I suppose if that worked you could create an alias until someone figures
> out where and how to put it.

It might if I didn't have so many different installations scattered about and
multiple aliases to create. Better to suffer horri-colors until an Apt config
that works can be found.

In openSUSE we have Zypper as wrapper around rpm more or less the way apt works
with dpkg. Color on/off in Zypper is easy to deal with because of integrated
comments that work so much better than virtually empty config directories, e.g.:

## Whether to use colors
##
## Valid values: always, never, or autodetect
## Default value: autodetect
##
 useColors = never

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/