Re: disable orange progress running apt

On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 04:16:05AM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
Google and man pages for apt, apt-config and apt.conf have gotten me nowhere in
over an hour of searching how to keep apt output limited to the two screen
colors in which it is running. Something like

	Apt::what-goes "here";

ought to do it in some file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/, but by what filename, and
what are the magic strings? Google doesn't seem to want to show anything other
than enabling, which is the apparent default that I want eradicated.

Try "APT::Color "false";". If you want to change the colours, there are sub-options for "APT::Color:Blue", Cyan, Green, Magenta, Red, White, Yellow, "Neutral" and "Hightlight". Each of these takes an ANSI escape code (such as "").

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

--
For more information, please reread.