Debian8 is not playing with Synology using NFS/CIFS

It drives me crazy. Really. The company I'm working for is switching from
a Dell server running Ubuntu to a Synology HA solution. On my desktop,
I'm using Debian 8 and only Debian (Yes I know, I can be lucky ;-)).

My first try was to mount the new shares using NFS4 and.... taraa...
imapd. This fails because the ID mapping does not work. On both sides,
the (same) domain is inserted into "/etc/imapd.conf". Without any
changes. For now, I'm not really sure what ipmapd is for. A hoax? Fun?

The second try was the ugly solution using CIFS. The bad insight this
morning... Synology disables the "unix extensions". The second... There
is no ID mapping too. My hope with CIFS was, that die total user and
group stuff is done using "names" and not IDs.

So, if anybody out there is running a Synology server. Is there a working
solution to get uid/gip mapping, unix access flags and symlinks?

I'm happy for every (positive) answer. ;-)