Re: Debian8 is not playing with Synology using NFS/CIFS

On 2017-08-08, Joerg Desch <news@jdesch.de> wrote:
> It drives me crazy. Really. The company I'm working for is switching from
> a Dell server running Ubuntu to a Synology HA solution. On my desktop,
> I'm using Debian 8 and only Debian (Yes I know, I can be lucky ;-)).
>
> My first try was to mount the new shares using NFS4 and.... taraa...
> imapd. This fails because the ID mapping does not work. On both sides,
> the (same) domain is inserted into "/etc/imapd.conf". Without any
> changes. For now, I'm not really sure what ipmapd is for. A hoax? Fun?

Quote:

 For NFSv4 ID mapping to work properly, both client and server must be running
 the idmapd ID Mapper daemon and have the same Domain configured in /etc/idmapd.conf.

Did you look on the innertubes? This seems to be quite a
popular question. No help here, for instance?

https://superuser.com/questions/860553/user-id-mapping-with-nfs-on-synology-nas

If not I'm sorry for wasting your time.

--
“Certitude is not the test of certainty.”
--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.