Re: Live recording

L'octidi 18 thermidor, an CCXXV, Rodolfo Medina a écrit :
> Please, could you explain that?  Suppose I have two usb audio cards, one for
> each microphone.  Will they be plugged together into the usb port of the PC?

You would need a hammer. Better plug them in two different USB ports.

But that may not work correctly. Two different audio controllers will
have clocks running at slightly different speed. It may not be much, but
it accumulates over time. IIRC (I did the test once) the difference
could be 10^-4. That may sound like not much, but after half an hour of
recording that makes a tenth of second difference, and that is way
beyond unacceptable for your use.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George