Re: Live recording

On 08/01/17 14:04, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

What I want to do is recording live piano: I'd like to use two mics for that,
one on the grave and the other one on the high notes.  Besides, some times I
will need to add human voice: this requires, in my idea, a third
microphone...  But even starting with two would be all right for now...
Those recordings would not pretend to be professional, just home made for my
personal tests, but stereo.

Thanks all for the abundant information and suggestions of possible solutions.

YW.

As much as I can understand, the simplest solution for me to live recording
with several microphones is to buy a - say - 6 channel mixer and plug it into
the line-in PC entry...

That can work. Make sure you understand phantom power and how you plan to connect everything before making a purchase:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_power

(If you feed phantom power to a device that is not designed to use it or withstand it, you can get degraded performance and/or destroy equipment.)

That I why I wrote:

On 07/29/17 00:10, David Christensen wrote:
> What makes and models of microphones do you have?

David