Re: Apt-get Upgrade Problem in Stretch?

Brian composed on 2017-07-19 20:54 (UTC+0100):

> On Wed 19 Jul 2017 at 15:49:47 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>> Fungi4All composed on 2017-07-19 15:18 (UTC-0400):

>> > But will there be different results with apt upgrade than with apt-get?

>> Will:	I have no idea.

>> Can:	Yes.

>> Apt and apt-get are not identical twins.

> Those sort of statements are begging for an example of the diferences
> with an upgrade or package installation. Will we see it?

Again, I have no idea. It would take a lot of time to catch it happening, then
restore the previous state so as to be able to actually have a chance to find
what happened to cause it and subsequently be able to repeat at will. All I can
say is I have a bunch of Stretch installations, and there were several occasions
where, in order to see if differences were possible, after an 'apt-get update;
apt-get upgrade' I immediately followed up with 'apt update; apt upgrade' and
more packages were replaced/installed/purged. Possibly along the way to final
Stretch release whatever caused or allowed those differences became possible no
longer?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/