Re: Free software

On 07/18/2017 07:48 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> writes:

On 07/18/2017 07:18 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
Doug [2017-07-18 13:25:34-05] wrote:
My point is that most of the folks who complain about code not
being free to modify are not capable of modifying it, so why do
they complain?
If anyone who wanted to improve the house I live in were prevented from
doing so without the express permission of the people who made the
house, you're damned right I would complain.
Well, complain!
I take it, then, that now have enough satisfactory answers to your
question above and don't need to ask “why do they complain” about
software freedom in future?

Yes, absolutely!