Re: video driver?

On 07/17/2017 04:09 PM, Teemu Likonen wrote:
D. R. Evans [2017-07-17 14:19:32-06] wrote:

Beginning a couple of weeks ago, I started to experience occasional freezes or
sudden blank screens on my 64-bit jessie system.
Jul 17 13:58:23 homebrew kernel: [24262.075187] nouveau E[     DRM] GPU lockup
- switching to software fbcon

I don't know how a particular driver gets chosen by the system, but is there a
different driver I could try?
I have an Nvidia card and experienced complete lockups with nouveau
driver. Solution: Install nvidia-driver packages and all is working
well. Just one additional problem: non-free software.

I get so sick of this! Did you PAY for your nvidia software? No? then it was FREE! If you think that the only thing free is something you can modify yourself, then why didn't you modify nouveau to fix your problem? Not capable? I thought so!
Then Kwitchurbitchin!

--doug