Re: Can debian-live-9.0.1-i386-lxde be made to install from USB?

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 08:20:20 AM Greg Wooledge wrote:
> WHY DO PEOPLE ATTEMPT TO INSTALL DEBIAN USING A LIVE CD IMAGE
>
> ESPECIALLY WHEN IT HASN'T WORKED IN MANY YEARS
>
> GRRRR
>
> Why don't people use the installer to install?
>
> I just can't understand.

Well, just in an effort to attempt an explanation, maybe it is sort of a
historical / immigration artefact--I haven't tried to install Debian from a
live image, and I have only vague memories of attempting it with some other
distro, but, iirc, some other distros used to advertise / claim that
capability.