Re: Replace systemd

On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 07:34:04AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> But that is not the scenario I am discussing. I am discussing the
> experience which an ordinary user, who simply selects from the options
> which the installer lists, will have. (My use of the term "option" in
> the quoted paragraph, as well as the one preceding it in my last mail,
> was referring to the options which the installer presents.)

The experience of the ordinary user installing Debian is that they
will have systemd, and things will just work.

Of course, this may require that they use an installer with non-free
firmware for support of their proprietary hardware, but that's outside
the context of your init system activism/trolling.

They also need to *NOT* use a live CD image, because those have never
worked.  Again, a separate issue, but it's far more important than
yours.  We get multiple users *per day* in #debian asking how to work
around whatever their live-CD-install broke.  Care to guess how many
users we get per day asking how to replace systemd?

As Don Armstrong already said, the Debian developers are *not* going
to change the installer to add the option you keep yelling for.  Just
get over it.