Re: Replace systemd

On 06/07/17 13:10, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 07:34:04AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
But that is not the scenario I am discussing. I am discussing the
experience which an ordinary user, who simply selects from the options
which the installer lists, will have. (My use of the term "option" in
the quoted paragraph, as well as the one preceding it in my last mail,
was referring to the options which the installer presents.)

As Don Armstrong already said, the Debian developers are *not* going
to change the installer to add the option you keep yelling for.  Just
get over it.

The installer needs less, perhaps only choosing between network and physically accessible systems and installing ssh or a single default DE.

Being invited to use a CLI during the installer would be good for the health of new users and support all esoteric choices*, and if not desirable does this person care about what's managing their windows any more than what's doing their init? If they are is this because they are invited to think about the choices?