Process kill on logout

I have just upgraded from Jessie to Stretch and my arrangement where I logout and then mythtv shuts my computer down and sets a wakeup time just before the next recording time has stopped working. In the past when that happens I have set up "screen", and entered an used "sleep 1m && who -u" to find out why its not detecting me as logged out. I set that command running, detach from screen, logout, ensure the minute is up, log back in and re-enter my screen session to see what it made of things.

That no longer works. It appears that systemd now kills off all processess associated with the user - or rather I found a bug report that said that had happened about a year ago as the default had changed. That bug report said that /etc/systemd/logind.conf should allow you to change that default behaviour by setting KillUserProcesses=no.

Firstly, although commented out, that setting is already showing "no", which is supposed to mean that this is the default value anyway. Secondly setting it explicitly to "no" doesn't work, screen sessions still appear to have been wiped out by the act of logging out.

Can anyone tell me what to do to allow screen sessions to survive logout.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk