Re: quasi-SOLVED: Re: no network after jessie -> stretch

From: doc.evans@gmail.com
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

Fungi4All wrote on 06/22/2017 09:48 PM:
>> From: doc.evans@gmail.com
>> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>>
>> D. R. Evans wrote on 06/21/2017 09:53 AM:
>> It adds about 30 useless seconds to the boot time while the system waits for it
>> to time out, so it sure would be nice to know how to get rid of the delay somehow.
>
> 30 useless seconds! What has humanity been reduced to? How many times a day
> do you reboot?

Anyway, my question is technical, not philosophical, which seems appropriate
for a technical reflector.

You are the calling yourself a doctor, as far as I know that is a doctor of philosophy.
What would I know, I'm just a technician!  But for life's sake I hope you are not in
the life sciences as you probably don't deserve your title.

In other words, the answer to your question can not come in 30sec, it may
take millenniums to answer.

Doc