Re: Stretch upgrade: lost PHP features?

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017, Carl Fink wrote:

Having upgraded my virtual server to Stretch, I discovered that tt-rss
was broken because the upgrade automatically switched me to PHP 7.0,
but did not auto-install MySQL support or php-mbstring support for
that version. Is this a bug, expected behavior, or did I miss something
when upgrading?

TLDR: You are hijacking another OP's thread. Start your own thread by
composing a new message, containing your question/info, and address it
to the list. (ie, replying to some message and changing its Subject
field does not begin a new thread.)

Whether or not you intended to do so, you replied to a message in the
thread whose original post Subject was "Stretch: FontAwesome not
properly installed [...]"

This means that subscribers who use a threading mail client will only
encounter your message in case they happen to find the OP's topic of
improperly installed "FontAwesome on Stretch" intriguing, and then
examine that thread.

Even worse, in case someone does reply to you in this thread, they
might totally (and understandably) misconstrue the context of your
question, and fail to see what you are seeking help with.

See, for example, the chain of follow-ups to this hijacker:

and the punch line:

It wasn't hard to fix, but slightly surprising.

Carl