Re: Poor X performance with Intel 8086:22b1 (Braswell)

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 07:50:09PM +0000, Curt wrote:
> This used to grep accurately for the pertinent info (if things haven't
> changed--I'm still on Wheezy (asthmatic cough)):
>
>  grep -B4 'Module class: X.Org Video Driver' /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
> (adjust path to log to wherever your log is living if it is living
> elsewhere though I doubt it).

Just for posterity, in stretch, the Xorg.0.log file is in /var/log/ if
you run startx as root, or use a display manager; or ~/.local/share/xorg/
if you run startx as a non-root user.

(Also, you may want grep -FB4 there, since you're using . as a literal
dot rather than a single-character wildcard expression.  Not likely to
matter much in reality, but hey.)