Re: Apt Question

On 05/23/2017 08:47 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 09:23:46AM -0400, Fungi4All wrote:

Absolutely !! :) That's why I always check the proposed changes before
upgrading to a post-Stretch package to make sure that nothing that
drastic is going to be done.  There is a limit to how close to the edge
I will go!!  In fact, should the changes look too heavy, I also explore
going upstream and getting the source package for the newer version and
compiling it on the existing system....sometimes that will work,
sometimes it really needs the newer libraries that I suspect might break
the system.  In which case, I usually decide that bleeding edge probably
would cause too much blood loss!!
But if the package has no

--
73's,