Re: Update Notifier

I also consider this missing "update notification" an important issue
for beginners and people that do not want to manually check for security
updates every day.

> In Debian Jessie install pk-update-icon from debian-backports
>
> In Debian Stretch install pk-update-icon.
>
> This package works both on Cinnamon, XFCE4 and Gnome. Not sure on the other DEs.

Unfortunately, this is not true for Gnome: in
/etc/xdg/autostart/pk-update-icon.desktop we can see that it is disabled
for both Gnome and KDE.

So I suppose that Gnome and KDE should display user notification about
updates.
- I can tell that it is not the case for Gnome in Stretch (at least on
my desktop), which makes me really disappointed. Is there anyone here
who gets update notifications under Gnome in Stretch?
- Is there any KDE user here who could tell us if there is update
notifications by default?

Regards,
Yvan