Re: How to run Debian from SD card but booting from USB stick?

> On Sat 13 May 2017 at 13:07:31 +0200, Błażej Popławski wrote:
>
> > I don't have to do this for purpose. I was just wondering if it can be done
> > without much work spent on it.
> >
> > This laptop is an old Toshiba Satellite A300.
> > Main OS is Win7.
> > I have plenty of space on my hard drive. As I wrote, I'm just curious about
> > the answer.
>
> Does your curiosity extend to trying out any of the ideas expressed in
> this thread? Those who participated (and others) would find it useful to
> know how you went about booting into a Debian OS from a USB stick. The
> work involved seems very slight.
>
> --
> Brian.

As for now I've tried to do the same thing (for Ubuntu) as the author
of the wiki page which I linked at the beginning. But it didn't work
for me.
I saw that someone wrote, that the drivers for SD are loaded at the
booting time, so I assume that it should be straightforward: install
OS (Debian) on SD with /boot and bootloader on USB stick. Without any
additional work.
I've done it once but it didn't started and in the act of anger I
formatted both, SD and USB stick. Then I realized that I didn't set
the boot flag for USB. :)
Installation took long hours (I read something about that issue) and
for now I don't have the time to repeat that process.