Re: How to run Debian from SD card but booting from USB stick?

On 05/11/2017 03:44 PM, Błażej Popławski wrote:
I have a laptop which allows for booting from USB sticks but not from internal
SD card reader.
Is it possible to install Debian on SD card with /boot catalog and bootloader
on USB stick in such a way that it would work? I mean: boot Debian from USB
stick, but the whole system will be installed and will run from SD
card inserted
in internal SD card reader?
I've found such solution for Ubuntu (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot=>FromSD) and I'm wondering if it
will work for Debian.

Your URL is garbled. I tried some quick fixes but didn't work.

Whether you can do so in general case is disputed on this forum.
However I have done it on a Lenovo T510.
I'll post more later, am hot on trail of documenting a bug, if not solving it.