Re: How to run Debian from SD card but booting from USB stick?

Le 13/05/2017 à 13:07, Błażej Popławski a écrit :
I don't have to do this for purpose. I was just wondering if it can be done
without much work spent on it.

This laptop is an old Toshiba Satellite A300.
Main OS is Win7.
I have plenty of space on my hard drive. As I wrote, I'm just curious about
the answer.

Deloptes' first reply provided the answer. To summarize :
- the boot loader and /boot must be on a bootable media,
- the kernel or initramfs must embed the drivers to access / and /usr.