Re: How stable is the frozen stretch?

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 12:03 PM, RavenLX <ravenlx@sitesplace.net> wrote:
> My system is used for work (I work from home exclusively) and stuff I do
> sometimes can be mission-critical in that if I'm notified, I might have to
> go and do some work right away on something important. Customers would be
> relying on my ability to fix things. So, I really can't afford something to
> go down on my machine. This is why I have a spare laptop just in case my
> "main" laptop has a problem. They are both set up identical and data files
> are backed up very frequently so all I need to do is get the backups onto
> the spare laptop and be good to go within minutes.
>
> Stability, in my case, is a must. However, I do like to have newer features
> as well.

Use stable. When stability is important, that is the correct
distribution to use. You might also like
http://kamarajukusumanchi.github.io/choosing_debian_distribution/choosing_debian_distribution.html
which contains a bunch of FAQs that come up in choosing the right
distribution. It has not been updated in a while (so the names of
stable, testing are different) but the content should still be
relevant.

hth
raju
--