Re: How to run Debian from SD card but booting from USB stick?

On 05/12/2017 02:27 PM, Brian wrote:
On Fri 12 May 2017 at 19:31:16 +0200, deloptes wrote:

Brian wrote:

Would creating an initrd really be necessary?

Using stock kernel in most cases yes. Using custom kernel, you can compile
the modules in and won't need initrd.

Richard Owlett accomplished it without anything special as regards an
initrd. His installation to the SD device was from a straight up-and-up
installer. It is very, very doubtful that the initrd on his HD had been
customised. Details at

So, the question remains. Is creating an initrd on Debian really necessary?

For environment clarification *ONLY*
I had transferred contents of DVD 1 of 13 to a flash drive.
I then chose that "dvd" as my 'boot device'
   PLEASE note usage of ' and "

There is much happening that comfuzezes me ;/