Re: How to run Debian from SD card but booting from USB stick?

On Thu 11 May 2017 at 15:58:09 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 05/11/2017 03:44 PM, Błażej Popławski wrote:
> >I have a laptop which allows for booting from USB sticks but not from internal
> >SD card reader.
> >Is it possible to install Debian on SD card with /boot catalog and bootloader
> >on USB stick in such a way that it would work? I mean: boot Debian from USB
> >stick, but the whole system will be installed and will run from SD
> >card inserted
> >in internal SD card reader?
> >I've found such solution for Ubuntu (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot
> ><https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot=>FromSD) and I'm wondering if it
> >will work for Debian.
> >

> Your URL is garbled. I tried some quick fixes but didn't work.
>
> Whether you can do so in general case is disputed on this forum.

Really? Where? Certainly not in the thread starting at

Somewhere else? A link, please. Or maybe you are thinking of some other
disputed topic.

> However I have done it on a Lenovo T510.

No, you haven't. Read what the OP wants to do. The first post at

describes what you did. Not a USB stick in sight when it came to booting.

--
Brian.