Re: Console fonts

On Tue, 2 May 2017 20:22:01 -0500, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Tue 02 May 2017 at 12:20:01 (-0700), Larry Dighera wrote:
>
>> Yes.  It's a new single-board computer platform that began shipping ~April
>> 14, 2017.  I can personally confirm that Tails Linux X11 runs fine on this
>> platform, and the manufacturer (Udoo) claims to have successfully installed
>> Debian.
>[...]
>> Given the Udoo team claims to have installed Debian on their hardware, and
>> Tails Linux runs on it, I'd prefer to sort out the issues, and see if I
>> (we?) can effect a useable system.
>
>I'm sorry if everyone knows which Debian (jessie, stretch, sid)
>and kernel version that the Udoo team installed. My deduction
>from the lines above was that the OP ran Tails¹, not that the
>Udoo team ran Tails.

That is correct.  I apologize for any ambiguity.

>Hence my thinking that there might be a reference to what the
>Udoo team installed that I (and perhaps others) hadn't seen.
>Sorry to mystify anyone.
>
>¹
>http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=tails
>
>Cheers,
>David.

While I am currently unable to locate the post asserting the Udoo team
successfully installed Jessie, this post from a Udoo user alludes to a
successful Jessie install:
http://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/no-audio-output-on-linux-over-hdmi.6803/

On the other hands, there is a user also encountering the blank-screen
syndrome with Jessie on the Udoo X86 platform:
http://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/linux-xfce-debian-jessie-blank-screen.6854/

And another who found stretch more stable than Jessie:
http://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/debian-jessie-linux-os-installation.6819/#post-26261

I believe this may have been where I saw the mention of Debian on the Udoo
X86 platform: http://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Software_&_OS_Distro/Linux.html

When/if I receive a response to my inquiry from the Udoo support team
regarding which Jessie distribution they installed, I'll post it here.

Larry

PS: It is the integrated Arduino hardware and very low power requirement
that make this new platform interesting to me for portable/battery-power
use.