Re: Mouse pointer _sometimes_ too big

On 4/25/17, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/24/2017 11:19 AM, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
>
>> Mine will occasionally do something like this. In my case, it gives
>> the appearance it's switching back and forth between entire cursor
>> themes. Is there a chance that's actually what's going on here rather
>> than it "just" being about pixel size?
>>
>> Mine is occurring on occasional occasion in debootstrap'ed Debian
>> Stretch and also did so in Sid. AND I'm using Xfce4..
>
> XFCE is FAMOUS for this behavior in that it never gets fixed. I have
> both Debian and Ubuntu installed and both have the exact same flipping
> behavior of mouse themes. Here's a bug report against that from 2007:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfwm4/+bug/157447
> Sure would be nice for the mouse cursor to be stable after when first
> set. Ric

Oh, good, not our imagination! Kidding, I know it's not. :)

I had to fight the urge to write to myself AGAIN on here yesterday. As
fast as I hit "Send" (email), it hit my consciousness that my system
was advising me... that I only had one cursor theme installed.
*smacking head*

So I installed a second one, xcursor-themes. Mine's now *rarely* doing
this again via "redglass". The no-brainer regarding that change is
because it now has a secondary one to default back in to..

And it *was* about the title bar in my case. The more system
stable/system [generated] title bar remains true to the newest chosen
cursor theme, but the context part of the window varies.

In my case in the last 24 hours, it has been about Chromium. I didn't
notice it occurring in anything else so far, but I haven't used much
of anything else except Chromium in that last 24 hours..

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *