Re: Mouse pointer _sometimes_ too big

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 09:33:46 -0400,
> Ric Moore<wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 04/22/2017 03:53 PM, Andreas Ronnquist wrote:
>>
>>> This is on Xfce, Debian stable with some backports (Kernel and Nvidia
>>> drivers), Geforce 1070 graphics card, two monitors connected,
>>> 2560x1440
>>> + 1920x1200.
>>>
>>> My Xfce Mouse & pointer settings has pointer size set to 16, and Xfce
>>> DPI is set to 96.
>>>
>>> Where should I start to look for problems?
>>
>>Does the cursor increase in size from one monitor to the next?? Ric
>>

> Not in a way that I don't expect, the bitmap is the same, but the
> different screens have different pixel size, so it looks smaller on my
> bigger screen. (This is not part of my problem).
>
> My problem is where it is a completely different mouse
> image (different size) depending on where on the screen I have the
> mouse -
>
> I have uploaded an (somewhat bad) image of the different mouse sizes
> here:
>
> http://www.gusnan.se/mouse_problem/mouse_sizes.png

Your image worked great enough to trigger a thought that the words so
far had not.. *grin*

Mine will occasionally do something like this. In my case, it gives
the appearance it's switching back and forth between entire cursor
themes. Is there a chance that's actually what's going on here rather
than it "just" being about pixel size?

Mine is occurring on occasional occasion in debootstrap'ed Debian
Stretch and also did so in Sid. AND I'm using Xfce4..

And of course, I can't get it to trigger right now to provide an
example for purposes of seeing if it's the same thing or something
different... :)

Memory recall is that it seemed most obvious about title bars... I think..

In my case, its severity is labeled *annoyance*. I've been *a-suming*
it might be something that gets ironed out as time gets closer to the
next release date. For example, at this second it appears to be not
occurring. :)

I've wondered if it's about package upgrades changing something that
affects universal cursor interactivity across programs. But... Feels a
little more like one program or another gets glitches where certain
parts of the program kick back to original cursor default or maybe
kicks back to last previous favored cursor theme for some reason...

Or not... :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey