Re: new firefox for wheezy last night, can't do squat on the net today.

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 19:33:12 -0500 David Wright
<deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> [Big Snip]
> > > None of which ever worked 100% because the web pages all seemed
> > > to be using a different version.  The "it works here" syndrome,
> > > essentially the same as the N.I.H. beliefs. :(
> >
> > Well, I'm glad flash is dying.  Wish it would do so faster.
>
> If you don't like flash, then don't use it. Don't install it if
> you're worried you might accidently use it involuntarily.
> But why the spite? Can't people who don't like flash just leave
> the flash users alone? Where's the freedom in that attitude?

I don't for the vast majority of my web browsing.  Unfortunately, a few
sites I need for my business or frequent otherwise won't work properly
without it. So, I have little choice.  For those I use Firefox with
flashplayer installed. For all others, I use Chrome with pepperflash
disabled.

The spite?  Maybe, it's from having to repeatably, clean friends'
systems -- Windows -- where Flash videos have been used to infect them
with various and sundry malwares, over and over..

I never criticize flash users, only flash and Adobe for the security
issues. If you want to use it, go ahead.