Re: new firefox for wheezy last night, can't do squat on the net today.

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 00:21:28 -0400 Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net>
wrote:

> On Saturday 22 April 2017 23:22:45 Patrick Bartek wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 12:24:32 -0400 Gene Heskett
> > <gheskett@shentel.net>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Went to newegg.com to look for some optical fiber but the front
> > > page, while I think its alive, did not respond to a mouse click on
> > > any product link. I hope its not contagious.
> > >
> > > Many news sites are saying "request entity too large" also.
> >
> > Works fine here.  Although rendering sometimes is sluggish -- a
> > few seconds longer.  Could be Cox Internet.  They get slow at
> > times.  Version 45.9.0 with the latest flashpalyer 25.0.0.148
> > installed yesterday

> And how do you get that 10 year newer flash?  The adobe site doesn't
> show me anything newer than the 11.xx.xx.xxx stuff.

That's strange.  In your other posts you said you found that "new"
version, but I get mine just by going to www.adobe.com, and at the
bottom of the page, right side, click on "flashplayer."  That takes me
to the download page with Linux 64bit already picked, I choose the
tar.gz file even though there's a .deb one.  Download, unpack and
copy as root libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ after
mv'ing the old version just in case. Done!

 For years while using Fedora, manually was the ONLY way to install the
flashplayer.  And since "install-flashplayer-nonfree" stopped
working months ago, I reverted to my old Fedora habits..

I noted as you did that there are a lot of other places for the player,
mostly symbolic links, but the above works for me, so I keep doing it
that way.

As to how to find out when a new version is out, I wait until Firefox
during my normal browsing notifies me my version is old and my system
"..is at risk."  Then just do the manual download/install thing.  I
don't use the Firefox link to the new version.  Have had problems with
it before.