Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

Joel Rees:
> kAt, write a novel.
>
> My dad used to tell me, if I wanted to change things, I'd have to
> change them from the inside. It's a poor expression of the principle
> because you can't get "inside" far enough without X, Y, or Z, and they
> all make it very difficult to change things once you are inside.

Once you are inside you are too pre-occupied in protecting what you are
inside of.  Change will never come from inside.

Joe:
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 21:11:30 -0500
> David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> BTW I was surprised not to see mention of the Ken Thompson hack
>> in what I snipped.
>
> Old stuff. I'd expect every significant compiler on the planet to have
> been compromised by one government or another long ago.

It makes no longer a difference, or is it worthwhile to distinguish,
between corporate and gov.  It is one long chain of domination, no
borders, no nations, no private/public separation.  One huge system of
control.  But minds can unplug themselves of the system of illusion.
There should be no need for security in a free world/system.  Isn't this
where unix started from?  No locks, no doors, no borders.  Instead we
are preoccupied in drawing 2 dimensional limits under the eye in the 3rd
dimension.

Multilingual wikipedia is probably the only thing worth saving from this
civilization.

--
 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG

"Who died and made you the superuser?"  Brooklinux