Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Thu 13 Apr 2017 at 01:05:00 (+0000), GiaThnYgeia wrote:
[big snip]
> After all, to say "I am a technical guy not a political one" is a very
> politically loaded statement.  Dr Strangelove was a technical guy, not
> political at all.  It is those types you have to watch out for.

You've quoted my sentence out of context. I wrote:
"I'm not really interested in debating that here, sorry. I've seen
too many flame wars in public forums like this. And I'm a technical
guy, not a political one."

IOW I personally prefer to talk about political issues
elsewhere, face to face, and stick to technical issues here.
That has nothing to do with Dr Strangelove.

I've already written here that I find it difficult to follow your
arguments or decode sentences like
"Because what is discussed on this thread to me sounds as
 those who by majority have used the system (mostly for
 commercial large scale server applications) and are
 probably the number one source of bugs that feed development
 did not have much of a say on the direction taken."

So I have joined this conversation only to dispute certain
technical statements you made, and to ask why you make up
statistics to further your hypothetical arguments.

BTW I was surprised not to see mention of the Ken Thompson hack
in what I snipped.

Cheers,
David.