Re: Problem after dist-upgrade and dpkg install -f (Probably nvidia packages related)

Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2017, 20:18:22 CEST schrieb Aquarius:
Hmm, bad thing. Maybe you should remove kdm, gdm or whatever loginmanager you
are using out of the way, so it will not start after boot and force you into a
bad X.

Then you can try dpkg-configure -a again.

You can also try to delete nvidia.ko in the kernel libs, so it inhibits to
start nvidia-driver.

Try then dpkg-reconfigure -a again. Maybe it is working now.

You might try to deinstall the downloaded package with
dpkg -r nvidia-blabla.deb

If this all fails, trigger me again, maybe I have some other ideas.

Good luck!

Hans