Re: Problem after dist-upgrade and dpkg install -f (Probably nvidia packages related)

Thanks Hans.
I must add when shutting down I get a black screen with lots of text. The system will not shut down. I have to press the powerbutton and hold it to power it off.
After starting up again I performed apt-get --purge remove nvidia-*

The output was:
root@debian:/home/piet# apt-get --purge remove nvidia-*
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

Well, it seems I would be running in circles then.
Any other idea?

Kind regards,
Aquarius
--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com

12. Apr 2017 19:47 by hans.ullrich@loop.de:

Hi Aquarius,
looks like you got into trouble with nvidia-driver.

You should uninstall these, then doing a dist-upgrade and then conetrate to
install the nvidia-driver again.

I prefer two possible ways to uninstall all nvidia-packages (but check before
telling "y"):

apt-get --purge remove nvidia-*

or

aptitude purge ~nnvidia-*

Both should work. But as I said, look, what is going to deinstalled, before
telling YES. In most cases these commands are working well.

When they are all deinstalled, reinstall the required package. Note: You must
have a graphics card with Geforce 9 or higher! Otherwise the package will not
be installed. Check your hardware if it is supported by the package.

Note, you must have kernel-headers installed.

Good luck!

Hans

In the messages I got from that were:

libgl1-nvidia-glx:amd64-->not configured
nvidia-driver-->not configured
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-->dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
nvidia-glx-->dependency problems - leaving unconfigured