Problem after dist-upgrade and dpkg install -f (Probably nvidia packages related)

I read an article on cme which would give me an GUI for viewing and editing systemd config files. So I thought I would install the packages involved on Debian 8 Jessie Dell XPS15 laptop to study systemd config files. Not to edit them. I use Debian for about 2 years now, so still in a learning process. I hope you will read through till the end of this mail in which I hopefully reconstruct the steps I performed:

Well, I performed:
apt-get update
 apt-get upgrade
 apt-get install gparted (this was because of another excercsie)
 apt-get install -f
all was well untill now
apt-get install cme libconfig-model-systemd-perl
I only remember a message about the packages not being found. Well, leave it be I thought, I will do without studying systemd for now.
But maybe I should update my system because I read until V215 of systmd it is vulnerable and I was running V215. I thought I could upgrade systemd but was not sure of that.
I performed:
apt-get dist-upgrade
I know I got a message about something with 'nvidia' but can not exactly recall what. But also a message to perform:
dpkg --configure -a

In the messages I got from that were:

 libgl1-nvidia-glx:amd64-->not configured
 nvidia-driver-->not configured
 xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-->dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
 nvidia-glx-->dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Because of the dependency problems I though I'ld run:
dpkg install -f
It gives this output:
'long list of packages but last time I used autoremove I ultimately reinstalled my system, it removed to much packages'
4 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up libgl1-nvidia-glx:amd64 (340.101-1) ...
Cursor blinking: well here is a cursor blinking and I probably can wait forever ....

The ps a gives this output:
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
  598 tty1     Ss+    0:00 /sbin/agetty --noclear tty1 linux
  616 tty7     Rs+    4:17 /usr/bin/X :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
 3609 pts/0    Ss     0:00 bash
 3617 pts/0    S      0:00 su
 3618 pts/0    S      0:00 bash
 3636 pts/0    S+     1:20 apt-get install -f
 3648 pts/1    Ss+    0:00 /usr/bin/dpkg --status-fd 48 --configure libgl1-nvidia-glx:amd64 xserver-xorg-video-nvidia:amd64 nvidia-dri
 3649 pts/1    S+     0:00 /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/share/debconf/frontend /var/lib/dpkg/info/libgl1-nvidia-glx:amd64.postinst configure
 3655 pts/1    S+     0:00 /bin/sh /var/lib/dpkg/info/libgl1-nvidia-glx:amd64.postinst configure 340.96-1
 3658 pts/1    D+     0:00 /bin/sh /usr/lib/nvidia/check-for-mismatching-nvidia-module 340.101
 3818 pts/2    Ss     0:00 bash
 3827 pts/2    S      0:00 su
 3828 pts/2    S      0:00 bash
 3911 pts/2    R+     0:00 ps a
From that I concluded the proces apt-get install -f is in status S meaning "Interruptible sleep (waiting for an event to complete)"

Yesterday I killed the process apt-get-install -f so I could shut down my machine. It seems to be working all right (until now).

Now I do not know what to do. I can not perform a dist-upgrade.

Do I have to enter information on where the cursor is blinking?
Any other ideas how to come out of this situation?
Any other checks to perform?
Maybe get some more information out of logs (which and where to find)?

Well I hope someone has gone reading this far. Thanks for that. I hope you can help!

Aquarius
--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com