Re: Old 32bit PC 650kRam less VidMem 1024x768 will not run on Stretch ok on Jessie

GiaThnYgeia composed on 2017-04-10 14:32 (UTC):

you are responding technically in solving a technical problem that
I presented. For this I thank you.  What I am now saying is that it is
unacceptable as a practice.  At least there should be a patch installed
of listed unsupported hardware that once detected during upgrade it
reconfigures the boot manager with your suggested modification.  Or
refuses the upgrade on the premises of "no longer supported" hardware.

Debian-user is a user support forum, not a developer forum:

	Debian Mailing Lists
	debian-user
	Community assistance and support for Debian users.
	Support for Debian users who speak English.
	https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

For bug fixes and policy modifications debian-user is the wrong place for more than passing discussion. I suggest other avenues: