Re: Old 32bit PC 650kRam less VidMem 1024x768 will not run on Stretch ok on Jessie

Felix Miata:
> IOW, it is suggested that iomem=relaxed may need to be included on
> kernel cmdline for the old user-space xserver-xorg-video-savage driver
> to work with your gfxchip in Stretch.

Thank you for the help in answering the puzzle, but how is a
semi-i-literate person able to translate this into a command/procedure
that will achieve such a thing?  IOW, I am clueless at this point of
what a kernel cmdline is.  I suspect it is a parameter in some file that
builds up the kernel during boot ... but where is it and how do I add
this command/parameter in it?

Thank you again
kAt

PS  During vacation time I have promissed to give linux-from-scratch a
try, just to understand the necessary steps that build up the system.

--
 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG