Re: Anyone know what this means when running aptitude update?

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:51:55PM +0200, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Frank <zuiderduin@gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > The hash sum mismatch is usually a passing issue: updating while the
> > repository/mirror itself is in the process of updating. If it keeps
> > showing up, that mirror is probably borked. Try deb.debian.org instead
> > of http.debian.net.
>
> deb.debian.org, http.debian.net and httpredir.debian.org are the same.
> The old service behind http.debian.net and httpredir.debian.org were
> switched off in February and the hostnames now point to the same system
> backing deb.debian.org

Well, switching from http.debian.net to deb.debian.org seems to have
fixed that one. The error relating to that has gone away.

> > wget -qO- https://dl.google.com/linux/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo
> > apt-key add -
>
> No, please do NOT use "apt-key add" but instead download the key and put
> it as a file with the suffix ".gpg" into the directory
> /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/

I downloaded the file from the above URL, and copied it as root to
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d as instructed. Since all the other files in that
directory were owned by root I made sure this one was too. And I renamed
it to add .gpg on the end. It seems to have made the problem noticeably
worse. On doing an aptitude update I now get:

W: GPG error: http://dl.google.com stable Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY A040830F7FAC5991 NO_PUBKEY 1397BC53640DB551
W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
CBF8D6FD518E17E1

Which is worse than it was before, it is now complaining about more keys.

Help...

Mark