Re: Anyone know what this means when running aptitude update?

Mark Fletcher <mark27q1@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:51:55PM +0200, Sven Hartge wrote:
>> Frank <zuiderduin@gmx.com> wrote:

>>> The hash sum mismatch is usually a passing issue: updating while the
>>> repository/mirror itself is in the process of updating. If it keeps
>>> showing up, that mirror is probably borked. Try deb.debian.org
>>> instead of http.debian.net.
>>
>> deb.debian.org, http.debian.net and httpredir.debian.org are the
>> same.  The old service behind http.debian.net and
>> httpredir.debian.org were switched off in February and the hostnames
>> now point to the same system backing deb.debian.org
>>

> This has been going on for weeks now, I have been hoping in vain that
> the issue would clear itself, as Frank suggested, before I posted
> here.

You may want to head over to https://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors/
and report the issue there. This will get the attention of the right
people to diagnose and possibly fix the problems you are having.

S°

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.