Re: Anyone know what this means when running aptitude update?

Op 27-03-17 om 17:14 schreef Mark Fletcher:
Well, switching from http.debian.net to deb.debian.org seems to have
fixed that one. The error relating to that has gone away.

Don't be surprised if it comes back. I think it may just have selected a different mirror now, but you can't be certain it will always pick that one.

wget -qO- https://dl.google.com/linux/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo
apt-key add -

No, please do NOT use "apt-key add" but instead download the key and put
it as a file with the suffix ".gpg" into the directory
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/

I downloaded the file from the above URL, and copied it as root to
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d as instructed. Since all the other files in that
directory were owned by root I made sure this one was too. And I renamed
it to add .gpg on the end.

That's for binary key files. This one is ascii armoured, so it needs an .asc 'extension'.

Which is worse than it was before, it is now complaining about more keys.

Let's try the proper extension first and see what that fixes.

Regards,
Frank