Re: SSH Access Issue

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017, 17:52 <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 06:56:03PM +0000, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:

[...]

> Nevermind. I changed the forward to another box and can't get to it either
> so it has to be something in the firewall capturing the connection despite
> it showing a clean passthru.

I see you found a clue to follow. One very helpful tool in those cases
is the option -v (verbose) on the client:

  ssh -v user@host.domain

It shows you details of the handshake as it proceeds (try first on a
working connection, to get an idea of what to expect). More "-v"
increase the verbosity.

Regards
- -- tomás
Turns out the box had a second default gateway by mistake, mine of course. I guess I forgot I manually added the default gateway when the box was in my lab. As it turns out the clue was irrelevant but talking things out here did somehow lead my the the right clue.
--
Regards,
Phil