SSH Access Issue

Hi All,

Long time linux/debian/ssh user here. I've never seen this particular problem I'm experiencing which has left me scratching my head for answers. At this point I'm still trying to eliminate sources so please bare with me...

I've recently installed a new server for a client, using Deb 8.5 net install. The server is used as an SAMBA AD DC for a small network of users. While in my lab, I could SSH to the box as expected but some some odd reason, once deployed on site I can no longer SSH from the outside.

One obvious aspect is firewalling. Rest assured I have opened TCP 22 and ofrwarded to the correct host(the debian box). I can access all the other forwarded services I've configured without issues but not SSH on the Deb box. I can see the connection go through the firewall in the live feed but the box doesn't answer.

So my first question as a long time Deb user, has anything changed in the most recent releases of Stable that would cause such a thing that I could look at to eliminate?

If not, what else can possibly be preventing these connection to complete?

I realise this is a very "open ended" issue but any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Linux localhost(masked for privacy reasons) 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u2 (2016-10-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux

sshd_config is stock and daemon is running yet I get nothing in the logs. Not even attempts with DEBUG enabled.

--
Regards,
Phil