Re: why??why?why??

On 03/10/2017 08:20 AM, Henning wrote:

On Mar 9, 2017, at 9:09 PM, Shahryar Afifi <shahryarafifi@yahoo.com> wrote:

why o why..
[some wining]

Why don't you just custom install to meet your needs?

How about a more useful reply.
Is is the OP aware of the depth and breadth of resources such as:
  Debian Pure Blends [https://www.debian.org/blends/]
  Debian Derivatives [https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives
                      https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census]

Has the OP been encouraged to use "Expert mode" when doing an install?
I personally see titling that option as "Expert" may be off-putting to some. It gives insight into how the installer is organized and you are given default options for all questions that would not be asked during a typical install.

Another option is to install only the CLI. And then use
"apt-get install ..." to only desired packages.

Exploration of meta-packages (use metapackage as search term) will be informative. As I consider Gnome3 to be terminally {pun intended} ugly I base my installs on MATE. E.G. explore https://packages.debian.org/jessie/task-mate-desktop and https://packages.debian.org/jessie/task-desktop to get much customization can be accomplished by appropriate choices.

The OP's observations are a natural result of the Debian Team's efforts to provide everything that most users would expect. The problem words there are "everything", "most" and "expect". Part of Debian's strength is, to borrow somebody's advertising slogan, "Have it your way".