Black screen after "UEFI Installer menu"

Hi folks!

I am trying to install Debian on my new HP z240 box.
I tried Debian 8 and Debian 9 RC2 installers, but neither succeeded.
When I choose to boot from a pen drive I see "Debian UEFI Installer
menu". Then I choose "Install" and get a black screen. Switching to a
virtual console with Ctrl+Alt+F1 doesn't work.

To eliminate possible problems with hardware I tried to install the
latest stable Ubuntu 16.10. Installation went without any problems.

Where should I look and what can be wrong here?

Thank you,
Kostia