Re: A minimal relational database in Debian

That is most definitely an accessibility bug and left uncorrected will effect many with marginal vision who try to use libreoffice. What's worse it effects all of libreoffice.

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017, Richard Owlett wrote:

Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 08:48:37
From: Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: A minimal relational database in Debian

On 03/01/2017 06:37 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 06:33:58AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

[...]

How do you increase fontsize on the LibeOffice (writer) toolbar and dropdown
meuns?? [closed] - Ask LibreOffice
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/31736/how-do-you-increase-fontsize-on-the-libeoffice-writer-toolbar-and-dropdown-meuns/

Unacceptable. It affects the size of _everything_, not just font size.
I collided with with a fatal side-effect. I tried a too large factor.
Now the "accept" button is now off screen and *NOT* accessible.
Don't see any option short of reinstall to resolve.
I consider LibreOffice *DOA*

How about filing a bug report? That won't solve your problem
*right now*, but... you know, giving back and that.

I'm not sure it's a "bug" in the "bug report" sense. It's more likely a logical outgrowth of some basic design decisions made to meet the perceived needs of a target audience. I'm not a part of that audience. I found too many other things that grated during my (admittedly surface) survey of LibreOffice.

If I decide to investigate further, I suspect Felix's post may give an adequate workaround. Right now I'm attempting to learn debootstrap. I hope to be able to contribute a rewrite of "D.3. Installing Debian GNU/Linux from a Unix/Linux System" from _Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide_ aimed at a less experienced audience. Even retired, there are just so many hours in a day ;/