Re: Printing from feh

On Sat 18 Feb 2017 at 21:02:30 +0000, Darac Marjal wrote:

> It looks like it should be possible, using the --action options. Try
> setting Action 1 to something like lpr, then press 1 while viewing an image.
>
> On 17/02/17 19:54, Brian wrote:
> > On Fri 17 Feb 2017 at 19:11:29 +0000, Andre Müller wrote:
> >
> >> It's ok :-)
> >> The topic is very dry and hard to understand because you have to make
> >> a step to the side and to call everything to into question.
> > That is what is on my mind too. Feh is a nice image viewer but it
> > appears to have no printing facility. Is there a way of printing
> > a displayed image from within the program?

A spot-on suggestion. I ended up with /usr/local/bin/feh with
the contents

  /usr/bin/feh --action "xpp %f" "$1"

Then took it a step further and rebound action_0 to ctrl-P to fit with
other applications. In .config/feh/keys:

  action_0
  action_0 C-p

"xpp %f" can be replaced with a printing command of your choice. It's
not so hard to print from an image viewer without its own printing
dialog after all.

Thanks.

--
Brian.